We are looking for a bright and capable paralegal to join our team and drive things forward at the junior end. There will be a high level of responsibility from the outset so the successful candidate will need to be naturally self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess a positive attitude towards the challenges and opportunities of working in a start-up environment. We are keen to find a candidate who inspires trust and confidence, is pro-active, resilient and has all the qualities to become an integral member of our team.
The successful candidate will have a law degree, GDL diploma or equivalent and a strong academic history (at least 2:1 or equivalent). Previous paralegal or administrative experience of working within a law firm or professional services environment is essential. Strong organisational and planning skills are crucial as is the ability to work independently or within a team as required and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Prior experience of working with group litigation, litigation funding and/or ATE insurance is desirable but not essential.
Specifically, this role will involve (among other things):
• Researching relevant points of law and preparing memos or research notes for the Partners;
• Drafting Court forms, client care documents and other case work papers;
• Preparing, collecting and/or delivering documents to Counsel and experts;
• Attending external know-how seminars and providing feedback;
• Ad hoc administrative duties where required;
• Managing central diary of Court deadlines and key case dates;
• Proof reading/finalising documents;
• Managing organisation of case work papers on the case management system; and
• Managing the Firm’s relationships with intermediaries.