Litigation Associate, NQ – 2yr PQE
We are looking for an exceptionally bright, hardworking, and able newly qualified solicitor to spearhead our junior resource. There will be a high level of responsibility from the outset and the successful candidate will work directly with the Partners of the firm. With no mid-level associates, there is an opportunity for the successful candidate to grow with the business at their own pace and operate outside the confines of a traditionally structured law firm team and without reference to PQE.
The successful candidate will need to be naturally self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess a positive attitude towards the challenges and opportunities of working in a start-up environment. We are keen to find a candidate who inspires trust and confidence, is pro-active, resilient and has all the qualities to become an integral member of our team.
The successful candidate will have a law degree, GDL diploma or equivalent, outstanding academic history (at least 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a reputable university) and will have trained with a top London firm before qualifying as a solicitor.
Strong organisational and planning skills are crucial as is the ability to work independently or within a team as required. Sound commercial acumen and a nimble mind is a necessity; the successful candidate will possess a desire to look beyond the law, be creative and think about the big commercial picture. We are a young firm but incredibly ambitious; the successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, thrive in a small and collegiate environment and have an appetite for doing something unconventional.
Prior experience of working with group litigation, litigation funding and/or ATE insurance is desirable but not essential.
Specifically, this role will involve (among other things):
• Managing all case work allocated by the Partners;
• Ensuring that all case work is progressed in a timely fashion and that the relevant people are kept regularly informed on progress and costs;
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills in order to meet the drafting and presentation aspects of the role;
• Excellent organisational and prioritising skills to meet the demands of challenging and commercial cases;
• Taking responsibility for and attending to self-development;
• Attending external know-how seminars and providing feedback;
• Ad hoc administrative duties where required;
• Researching relevant points of law and preparing memos or research notes for the Partners;
• Drafting Court forms, client care documents and other case work papers;
• Preparing, collecting and/or delivering documents to Counsel and experts;
• Managing paralegal resource; and
• Investigating prospective cases and taking a keen interest in originating claims.