Dan is a registered foreign lawyer in England and Wales and a founding partner of our US affiliate Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips & Grossman. He is one of the most respected and knowledgeable attorneys in the United States in the area of consumer class actions, with over 32 years experience. He has been the lead or co-lead in numerous successful class actions over his career. Dan’s particular expertise is collaborating with other firms to assemble the best possible team to pursue cases against the largest corporations in the US and internationally.
Dan also has significant experience working with attorneys, funders and other partners on international litigation projects in the Courts in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal, among others.
Dan has written and taught numerous continuing legal education courses. He is a frequent lecturer on a variety of consumer class action, insurance, and mass tort related disputes. He has been quoted by a wide range of media outlets over the years including the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times, Law360 and Lawyers Weekly.
Dan is on the Executive Board and President-Elect of the Public Justice Foundation Board, a US public interest law firm. He is also an adjunct professor at Campbell Law School in Raleigh, NC where he teaches “Introduction to Class Actions and Multi-district litigation.”
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1988
- M.B.A., University of North Carolina, Greensboro, 1986
- B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1983
- North Carolina, 1988
- Kentucky, 2008
- Georgia, 2018
- U.S District Court Eastern District of North Carolina,
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina,
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina,
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky,
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit,
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit,
- Registered as Foreign Lawyer in England Wales,